Posts in category: Network Administration
By Michael Dunn
Pro Microsoft Speech Server walks intermediate to complicated builders in the course of the fundamentals of speech and telephony know-how. It then addresses Microsoft's particular implementations and what it may do for many businesses. From there, the categorical parts are mentioned separately and extensive. The publication is helping readers create an program from scratch, development upon an current website, yet including fresh performance in addition. the entire concerns linked to setup, safety and management, improvement, debugging, and deployment are incorporated within the walkthroughs.
By Matt Massie, Bernard Li, Brad Nicholes, Vladimir Vuksan
Written via Ganglia designers and maintainers, this publication exhibits you ways to assemble and visualize metrics from clusters, grids, and cloud infrastructures at any scale. are looking to song CPU usage from 20,000 hosts each ten seconds? Ganglia is simply the instrument you wish, when you understand how its major elements interact. This hands-on ebook is helping skilled method directors reap the benefits of Ganglia 3.x.
Learn the right way to expand the bottom set of metrics you gather, fetch present values, see mixture perspectives of metrics, and realize time-series traits on your info. You’ll additionally learn real-world case experiences of Ganglia installs that function hard tracking requirements.
* make sure no matter if Ganglia is an effective healthy in your surroundings
* find out how Ganglia’s gmond and gmetad daemons construct a metric assortment overlay
* Plan for scalability early on your Ganglia deployment, with useful suggestions and suggestion
* Take information visualization to a brand new point with gweb, Ganglia’s net frontend
* Write plugins to increase gmond’s metric-collection power
* Troubleshoot matters you could come across with a Ganglia set up
* combine Ganglia with the sFlow and Nagios tracking platforms
Contributors contain: Robert Alexander, Jeff Buchbinder, Frederiko Costa, Alex Dean, Dave Josephsen, Peter Phaal, and Daniel Pocock.
By Guy Hart-Davis
Securely install iPads and iPhones on company networks
Seamlessly combine iPads and iPhones into your company's IT platforms utilizing the exact directions contained during this useful publication. iPad & iPhone Administrator's Guide exhibits you ways to exploit iPads and iPhones as company units and deal with them tightly with Apple's company instruments. how to attach iPads and iPhones for your organization's instant community and mail servers, equip clients with the apps they should be effective at paintings and outdoors it, and supply entry to crucial facts with out compromising security.
- Plan your deployment and select appropriate iPads and iPhones
- Activate iPhones speedy utilizing iTunes' activation-only mode
- Set up iPads and iPhones instantly utilizing iPhone Configuration Utility
- Set up wireless and VPN connections manually or with configuration profiles
- Connect iPads and iPhones to Microsoft trade and different mail servers
- Choose the simplest third-party apps, set up them, and continue them updated
- Install customized company apps utilizing provisioning profiles
- Load and move files through dossier Sharing and third-party tools
- Give iPad and iPhone clients distant entry for your network
- Manage home windows or Mac OS X servers out of your iPad or iPhone
- Secure iPads and iPhones with powerful passcodes--and wipe their contents remotely if they are stolen
- Troubleshoot and software program problems
By Ian Abramson, Michelle Malcher
Master the basics of Oracle Database 12c
Filled with easy-to-follow tutorials, this Oracle Press consultant presents certain assurance of center database recommendations, the position of the administrator, and firm database services. Oracle Database 12c: set up, Configure & retain Like a Professional walks you thru database configuration, management, programming, backup and restoration, and excessive availability. you will get in-depth introductions to SQL and PL/SQL in addition to vital details on coping with huge databases and utilizing Oracle's engineered platforms. This crucial beginner's source gains:
- Critical Skills--Lists of particular talents lined in each one bankruptcy
- Projects--Practical routines that convey tips to observe the serious talents realized in each one bankruptcy
- Progress Checks--Quick self-assessment sections to envision your growth
- Ask the Expert--Q&A sections jam-packed with worthy tips
- Notes--Extra details with regards to the subject being lined
- Mastery Checks--Chapter-ending quizzes to check your knowledge
Do not allow an electronic mail reason a data defense incident at your organization - purchase this pocket consultant at the present time! your enterprise is dependent upon electronic mail for its daily dealings with companions, providers and shoppers. whereas electronic mail is a useful type of verbal exchange, it additionally represents a possible hazard in your details defense. electronic mail may turn into the capability for criminals to put in an endemic or malicious software program in your machine procedure and fraudsters will try and use emails to acquire delicate info via phishing scams. with the intention to defend your company's skill to operate, it really is necessary to have an efficient electronic mail safety coverage in position, and to make sure your employees comprehend the hazards linked to e-mail. This pocket advisor can help companies to deal with an important matters. Its accomplished procedure covers either the technical and the managerial points of the topic, providing helpful insights for IT execs, managers and bosses, in addition to for person clients of e mail. learn this pocket consultant to - *Defend your enterprise from assault *Use e-mail consumers to enhance defense *Preserve confidentiality *Protect your company's popularity The pocket advisor presents a concise connection with the most protection matters affecting those who install and use electronic mail to aid their enterprises, contemplating e mail by way of its importance in a enterprise context, and focusing upon why powerful safeguard coverage and safeguards are an important in making sure the viability of commercial operations.
A step by step advisor to configuring, utilizing, and adapting this unfastened Open resource community tracking procedure Designed to quick acquaint you with the center characteristic so that you can customise Zenoss middle in your wishes detect, deal with, and video display IT assets construct customized event-processing and alerting ideas Write customized machine studies to extract, show, and study tracking info A convenient reference advisor with a great deal of screenshots An replace of Zenoss center community and process tracking rewritten for Zenoss 3.x intimately For process directors, community engineers, and protection analysts, it truly is necessary to hold a tune of community site visitors. Zenoss middle is an enterprise-level structures and community tracking answer that may be as complicated as you would like it to be. And whereas near to an individual can set up it, flip it on, and visual display unit "something" Zenoss center has a classy interface full of good points. The interface has been greatly more advantageous over model 2, yet it is nonetheless no longer the kind of software program you should use intuitively in different phrases, a bit suggestions is so as. The position of this e-book is to function your Zenoss middle journey advisor and prevent hours, days, possibly weeks of time. This publication will enable you paintings with Zenoss and successfully adapt Zenoss for approach and community tracking. beginning with the Zenoss fundamentals, it calls for no latest wisdom of platforms administration, and even if you could recite MIB timber and OIDs from reminiscence is inappropriate. complex clients may be capable of determine ways that they could customise the procedure to do extra, whereas much less complex clients will get pleasure from the convenience of use Zenoss presents. The ebook includes step by step examples to illustrate Zenoss Core's services. the simplest method of utilizing this ebook is to take a seat with Zenoss and follow the examples present in those pages in your approach. The e-book covers the tracking fundamentals: including units, tracking for availability and function, approach
By Matthias Schonlau, Ronald D. Fricker
Internet-based surveys, even though nonetheless of their infancy, are becomingincreasingly renowned simply because they're believed to be swifter, better,cheaper, and more uncomplicated to behavior than surveys utilizing more-traditional telephoneor mail equipment. in response to facts within the literature and real-life casestudies, this publication examines the validity of these claims. The authorsdiscuss the benefits and downsides of utilizing email and the net toconduct learn surveys, and in addition supply sensible feedback for designingand imposing web surveys such a lot effectively.Among different findings, the authors made up our minds that web surveys may perhaps bepreferable to mail or mobilephone surveys while a listing of electronic mail addresses forthe objective inhabitants is out there, therefore putting off the necessity for mail orphone invites to power respondents. web surveys additionally arewell-suited for higher survey efforts and for a few aim populations thatare tricky to arrive by way of conventional survey equipment. internet surveys areconducted extra quick than mail or mobilephone surveys whilst respondents arecontacted firstly via e mail, as is frequently the case while a representativepanel of respondents has been assembled prematurely. And, even though surveysincur nearly no coding or data-entry charges as the info are capturedelectronically, the exertions charges for layout and programming could be excessive.
By Eric Siron, Andy Syrewicze
When you are an administrator with a superb operating wisdom of Hyper-V Server, home windows Server, and lively listing, yet you are looking for additional information on hardening your Hyper-V deployment, this e-book is for you. If you will have already bought a useful Hyper-V surroundings, you've got no difficulty interpreting this booklet and following its examples.
By Stephen Nelson-Smith
Since Test-Driven Infrastructure with Chef first seemed in mid-2011, infrastructure trying out has began to flourish within the net ops global. during this revised and extended variation, writer Stephen Nelson-Smith brings you modern in this speedily evolving self-discipline, together with the philosophy using it and a growing to be array of instruments. You’ll get a hands-on advent to the Chef framework, and a urged toolchain and workflow for constructing your individual test-driven creation infrastructure.
numerous routines and examples through the booklet assist you achieve event with Chef and the complete infrastructure-testing surroundings. learn the way this test-first process presents elevated safety, code caliber, and peace of mind.
• discover the underpinning philosophy that infrastructure can and will be taken care of as code
• familiarize yourself with the MASCOT method of test-driven infrastructure
• comprehend the fundamentals of test-driven and behavior-driven improvement for handling swap
• Dive into Chef basics by means of development an infrastructure with genuine examples
• notice how Chef works with instruments similar to Virtualbox and Vagrant
• Get a deeper knowing of Chef by way of studying Ruby language fundamentals
• examine the instruments and workflow essential to behavior unit, integration, and attractiveness assessments
"All-in-One is All You Need"
The re-creation of this depended on source bargains whole, updated assurance of all of the fabric incorporated at the most recent free up of the qualified info structures Auditor examination. Written by way of an IT defense and audit specialist, CISA qualified info structures Auditor All-in-One examination advisor, moment Edition covers all 5 examination domain names built through the data structures Audit and keep an eye on organization (ISACA). you will find studying goals initially of every bankruptcy, examination information, perform examination questions, and in-depth factors. Designed that can assist you move the CISA examination comfortably, this finished advisor additionally serves as an important on-the-job reference.
Covers all examination themes, including:
- IT governance and administration
- IS audit procedure
- IT life-cycle administration
- IT carrier supply and infrastructure
- Information asset protection
- 200+ perform examination questions
- PDF replica of the book